The Visual Media Producer is responsible for the creative design, planning, and production of all weekend service and special event visual media. This includes direction of live video production during weekend services and special events, creation and production of videos and other visual media for weekend services and special events, and production of regular radio and television programs featuring the Senior Pastor.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Arts Pastor and members of the teaching team in the on-going accomplishment of service planning and design activities in preparation for weekend services.
- Form and direct a team of volunteer camera and video switcher operators responsible for the live video portion of weekend services.
- Specify, procure, and maintain cameras and other software/hardware associated with weekend service live video production.
- Function as live video director and primary video switcher operator in the tech booth during weekend services and special events.
- Serve as a member of the service design team from brainstorming creative sermon series ideas to post weekend service evaluation and process improvement.
- Form and lead a team of volunteer video editors and other specialists in the creation of weekend service and special event visual media.
- Working under the direction of the Pastor of Pastoral Care, direct video shooting of all baptism services and produce creative baptism service videos for weekend services and other visual media outlets (websites, blogs, Facebook, etc.).
- Produce videos for weekend services and special events from initial idea generation and planning of video shoots to video editing and delivery of weekend service ready video media.
- Under the direction of the teaching team leader, edit weekly sermon audio and video in the creation of radio and television programs featuring the Senior Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 2 to 4 years experience as a staff member in an Arts ministry support capacity. Possession of a BS/BA Degree in Theater, Film, Video Production or related field is required. The successful individual will possess a unique combination of creativity and administrative ability with a solid work ethic willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ProPresenter, Final Cut, and other related visual media applications is required along with extensive knowledge of and experience with internet resource gathering.