The Student Arts Pastor is responsible for creative use of the arts in support of weekly student worship services and all other student ministry activities. This includes planning, design, and production of weekly student worship services and special events as well as continuous improvement of arts capabilities in student ministries.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of volunteers in the development of infrastructure to support use of the arts in student ministries.
- Supported by the Arts Pastor, function as a specialist in the areas of music and creative arts, supporting all areas of student ministries.
- Plan, design, and produce weekly student worship services.
- Function as primary worship leader for weekly student worship services.
- Recruit, train, equip, and direct musicians, vocalists, technical/creative artists in the production of weekly student worship services and periodic special events.
- Provide arts support as needed in the production of all student ministries special events and other student ministry activities.
- Serve as a member of the student ministries Teaching Team authoring and delivering sermons as part of a student teaching rotation schedule.
- Serve as backup adult worship leader as needed by the Arts Pastor.
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Assist the Middle School Pastor and High School Pastor in the development of an annual departmental budget and management of spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years experience as a staff member in a student ministry worship leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing the passion and gifts required to develop and improve creative use of the arts in student ministries.