The Production Assistant is responsible for the overall coordination and administration of the creative design process from teaching team direction setting through the production of weekend services. This includes administrating the Service Design Process, coordinating communication between Arts ministry staff and volunteer team leaders/members, and ensuring timely production of all weekend service creative elements.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Arts Pastor and other Arts team members in the overall administration of the creative design and production processes.
- Regularly review the sermon calendar and communicate the need for information or clarification to the Teaching Team facilitator.
- As the Teaching Team’s planning progresses, create and update Planning Center Online as the central location for all media associated with a particular series/weekend service.
- Work with the Service Design Team to create “Service Plans” for the Teaching Team’s review and approval.
- Initiate the production of media files and ensure song lyrics, images, moving backgrounds, etc. are loaded and ready for presentation.
- Create all required documentation and file it in the appropriate event workspace and/or established file location.
- Function as administrator/coordinator for all Arts volunteer ministry teams.
- Administrate an Idea Team Network and other vehicles for service design idea generation.
- Ensure all components (cue sheets, media, procedures, etc.) are ready for weekend services.
- Coordinate activities in the Tech Booth before (rehearsal) and during weekend services ensuring issues are resolved quickly and with minimal impact on services.
- Identify, obtain, and organize Arts supplies (batteries, gaffer’s tape, light bulbs, etc.) ensuring a constant supply.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a staff member in an Arts ministry support capacity. Possession of a BS/BA Degree in Business, Theater, Film, Video Production, or related field is a plus. The successful individual will be a strong administrator with a solid work ethic and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Pro Presenter, and other related production applications is required along with significant knowledge of and experience with internet resource gathering.