The Producer is responsible for the overall coordination and administration of the creative design process from Teaching Team direction setting through production of weekend services. This includes, coordinating communication between Arts ministry staff and volunteer team leaders/members and ensuring timely production of all weekend service creative elements.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Arts Pastor and other Arts team members in the creative design and production of weekend services and special events.
- Regularly review the sermon calendar and communicate the need for information or clarification to the Arts Pastor.
- Work with the Service Design Team to document creative service elements and production ideas in Planning Center Online as the central location for all media associated with a particular series/weekend service.
- Produce all media files (sermon slides, CD labels, lyrics, images, etc.) as needed for weekend services and special events.
- Create and distribute all required documentation (cue sheets, volunteer schedules, information sheets, work instructions, etc.) for each weekend service or special event.
- Function as administrator/coordinator for the Arts Tech Team, keeping team members informed and ready to serve.
- Function as the primary programmer for lighting systems in the main auditorium, working with volunteer operators responsible for lighting during weekend services and special events.
- Function as Technical Director in the tech booth coordinating activities for rehearsals and live production; ensuring issues are resolved quickly and with minimal negative impact on weekend services and special events.
- Specify, obtain, and organize all Arts ministry supplies (CDs, batteries, CD labels, light bulbs, etc.) ensuring a continuous supply.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a staff member in an Arts ministry or other related production support capacity. Possession of a BS/BA Degree in Business, Theater, Film, Video Production, Graphic Design or related field is a plus. The successful individual will be a self-starter, organized, and possess the ability to see major projects through to completion, resolving issues as needed along the way. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ProPresenter, and other related production applications is required along with significant knowledge of and experience with internet resource gathering.