The Preschool Director is responsible for all aspects of establishing and operating a morning and afternoon preschool program for children ages 2 years through pre-kindergarten. This includes leadership of marketing and advertisement, staff recruitment, child enrollment processes, curriculum development, classroom management, staff development, and preschool P&L.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of teachers and other staff in the establishment and operation of a premier Christian preschool, including day-to-day operation and routine special events.
- Develop and implement a marketing/advertisement plan that creates interest in the preschool and fuels strong enrollment in both morning and afternoon programs.
- Recruit and train teachers and other staff as needed to staff preschool classrooms and special events.
- Establish enrollment processes that ensure children are enrolled efficiently, acclimated smoothly into their classroom, and monitored to ensure success.
- Function as primary contact person for parents/guardians on enrollment, assimilation, progress, and all other matters pertaining to the preschool.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for a preschool children’s education program that is fun, educational, and appropriate for a Christian preschool environment.
- Implement classroom management practices that ensure a safe, secure, and orderly preschool environment is maintained at all times.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and develop preschool staff ensuring a “continuous learning” culture is developed and fostered and that classroom management practices are continuously improved.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds.
- Develop an annual budget for the preschool ensuring needs are met and profitability targets are realized.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a leader in a children’s education capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field is required. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children, and have the ability to function as an administrator. Other requirements include a teaching certificate and a CPR certification. A working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events is a real plus.