The Outreach Pastor is responsible for all aspects of connecting YOUR CHURCH to the community. This includes marketing, advertising, special events, Christian church college/university partnerships, and leadership of all (local, regional, national, and international) mission efforts.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the accomplishment of all aspects of ensuring YOUR CHURCH maintains and improves its outreach focus.
- Function as owner and champion of all external marketing activities maximizing attendance of special outreach-focused events, key evangelistic sermon series, and any other activity requiring external marketing support.
- Establish strategic relationships with local advertising outlets and ensure continuous awareness of YOUR CHURCH in the community.
- Champion the use of the church website and all social media outlets as vehicles for the promotion of and engagement in the church.
- Work with church staff to continuously create new events and other venues for inviting new people to eventually become regular attendees of YOUR CHURCH services.
- Establish and manage strategic relationships with Christian church colleges and universities.
- Lead YOUR CHURCH’s internship program in support of Christian church college and university partnerships.
- Organize and lead YOUR CHURCH’s local, regional, national, and international missions efforts.
- Coordinate the execution of annual special offerings, ensuring mission efforts are fully funded.
- Function as a member of YOUR CHURCH’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Develop an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related fields is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic and the ability to administrate as a department head. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, church management software, web configuration/maintenance, and other related applications are preferred.