The Operations Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the church is operationally strong through leadership and coordination of all church operations activities from weekend service preparation and logistics through ongoing care and maintenance of church facilities and grounds. This includes overall “operational readiness” regarding churchwide volunteer coordination, operational infrastructure development, facilities program management, supply replenishment, information technology programs and support, security, and operational oversight of the church’s multisite infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of volunteers and paid staff, ensuring a constant and continuously improving state of operational readiness of all church campuses.
- Function as the church’s “Volunteer Coordinator” with oversight and authority related to volunteer recruitment, orientation, and ongoing leadership of all church volunteers.
- Develop a Volunteer Growth Strategy that ensures numerical growth, overall development, deployment, and recognition of all church volunteers.
- Strengthen operational infrastructure by developing and implementing key systems, processes, and methods.
- Champion improved overall church operational readiness in all areas by working with and influencing department leaders to value and build strong operational capabilities in their different ministry areas.
- Develop and implement a formal “facilities program” that ensures the timely completion of preventive and corrective maintenance on all church equipment, facilities, and grounds.
- Build a team of staff, contractors, and volunteers that perform the various facilities maintenance activities required to ensure constant operational readiness related to church facilities and grounds.
- Create a supply replenishment process that ensures the continuous availability of consumable supplies for all areas of the church.
- Recruit and oversee staff and volunteers needed to staff all church supply replenishment processes.
- Support the implementation and ongoing oversight of church information technology (IT) infrastructure (internet connectivity, firewall(s), VOIP, network cabling, WIFI networks, etc.), enabling growth and the accomplishment of the church’s mission.
- Recruit and oversee contractor(s) and volunteers needed to maintain and expand the church’s IT infrastructure properly.
- Develop and implement a formal Emergency Operations Plan ensuring the church is prepared for and capable of handling anything that might constitute an emergency.
- Within the Emergency Operations Plan framework, recruit and oversee security, parking, and other teams needed to ensure operational readiness as it relates to safety, security, and emergency preparedness.
- Function as overall project manager and operations coordinator to implement the church’s multisite strategy.
- Lead launch teams as needed to ensure the church launches campuses on time and within the established budget.
- Oversee everything operationally at each campus.
- Function as a member of the Pastoral Staff, performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc., as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience as operations professional in a corporate or church environment. Possession of operations, business, or related degree is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic and possess a ministry mindset with the ability and inclination to lead and develop volunteers. Working knowledge of web and Microsoft Office applications is preferred.