Serving as Operations Leader helps to ensure the church is operationally strong through leadership and coordination of all church operations activities from weekend service logistics and security through on going care and maintenance of facilities and grounds. This includes leadership of volunteer team leaders in setup and teardown, sign placement and retrieval, logistics and security, facilities program management, and information technology.
The Operations Leader supports the Executive Pastor in recruiting, training, developing, deploying, and recognizing operations volunteer teams as needed to sustain a weekend service rotation schedule and routine completion of other “non-weekend service” related operational duties. This includes directing volunteer operations teams during weekend services and special events.
The Operations Leader serves as needed on the weekend and/or during the week to ensure the operational needs of the church are met. Time is also required of the Operations Leader to meet with operations volunteer team leaders, maintaining and improving the church’s operational capabilities, equipment, and infrastructure. In addition, the Operations Leader may be asked to participate in annual conferences or other training and development related activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- In support of the Executive Pastor, function as leader and primary contact for church operations functions and activities.
- Regularly identify and follow up with potential operations team leaders as needed to fully staff an all volunteer operations organization, providing service opportunities for qualified operations people.
- Strengthen operational infrastructure through development and implementation of key systems, processes, and methods.
- Develop the use of technology (network infrastructure, workflow and other collaboration tools, web utilization, etc.) to enable growth and the accomplishment of the church’s mission.
- Lead activities of all operations ministry team leaders, ensuring smooth and seamless weekend service and special event logistics.
- Ensure church buildings and grounds are kept in good condition, continuously able to support ministry activities through developing and directing volunteer teams.
- Lead periodic operations volunteer training sessions and development activities ensuring the operations organization continuously delivers the desired operational performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Training, Resources, and Other Requirements
The Operations Leader has access to facilities and equipment needed in the overall leadership of church operations. Attending periodic conferences, seminars, and other training sessions is regularly required to ensure the best operational tools and techniques are being utilized by the church in the accomplishment of its mission and strategic objectives. At a minimum, the Operations Leader must meet all church membership requirements.
The Operations Leader reports to the Executive Pastor.