The Executive Assistant is responsible for administrative support of the Executive Staff (Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor), including the management of daily schedules, correspondence (voicemail, e-mail, regular mail, etc.), speaking engagements, and travel coordination. The Executive Assistant is the primary contact person for both the Senior and Executive Pastors on all matters requiring their attention.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage all forms of correspondence including voicemail, e-mail, and regular mail as needed to ensure a smooth flow of communication to and from the members of the Executive Staff.
- Manage calendars for Executive Staff as primary contact person for meetings and other scheduled commitments.
- Initiate, edit, and distribute church-wide e-mail communication for the Executive Staff.
- Setup and maintain electronic filing systems as needed to ensure easy access to important records.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate speaking engagement logistics.
- Maintain personal websites for Executive Staff members, if applicable, including e-mail correspondence and content updates.
- Function as resource management data entry person (book text, magazine and newspaper articles, etc.) in support of sermon development and authorship of articles, books, and other publications.
- Edit sermons, articles, manuscripts, and other written material as needed in support of Executive Staff members.
- Manage data for church key performance measures (KPMs) and routinely update for review by the Executive Staff.
- Function as coordinator managing logistics for all Executive Staff led events, retreats, staff and other meetings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as an executive/administrative assistant in a church or business environment. Some amount of team leadership experience is also a plus. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is required. (Extensive demonstrated experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, database, web, and other related applications.