Under the general direction of church central staff, the Campus Children’s Pastor is responsible for leadership and direction of all children’s ministry activities within a campus. This includes volunteer recruitment, training, and development; management and direction of campus classrooms; lead teaching and coaching of lead teachers; and overall preparation for campus weekend children’s services.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of volunteers in the management and direction of campus classrooms and special events.
- Direct and support campus classrooms in preparation for and during weekly church services.
- Continuously recruit, train, and develop volunteers to staff campus classrooms and special events.
- Create, maintain, and distribute volunteer schedules as needed to ensure campus classrooms are appropriately staffed based on classroom size and growth potential.
- Routinely function as the lead teacher in campus classrooms, setting an example for others to follow as they develop their lead teaching skills and methods.
- Identify and develop lead teaching passion and skills in others to ensure campus classroom staff are always available for the campus’s next growth milestone.
- Participate in the identification of curriculum and adapt it for use in campus classrooms.
- Direct the development of teaching materials and crafts as needed for weekly services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a preschool level school teacher and/or church staff leader in children’s ministry. Possession of a teaching or related degree is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic as well as a passion for teaching children about God and developing them spiritually. A working knowledge of web and Microsoft Office applications is preferred.