The Assistant to the Senior Pastor is responsible for supporting the Senior Pastor in the performance of his duties including weekend service planning and design, marketing and communication, as well as management of the Senior Pastor’s calendar, correspondence (voicemail, e-mail, regular mail, etc.), website(s), speaking engagements, and travel. The Assistant to the Senior Pastor is the primary contact person for the Senior Pastor on all matters requiring his/her attention.
Essential Job Functions
- Administrate the planning and design of weekly adult worship services in support of the Senior Pastor and Teaching Team.
- Manage the development, production, and distribution of all forms of church marketing materials (direct mail pieces, signs and banners, flyers, brochures, logos, etc.) as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Setup and maintain filing systems as needed to ensure easy access to important information.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a resource management tool (book text, magazine and newspaper articles, etc.) in support of sermon development and authorship of articles, books, and other publications.
- Research, edit, and distribute sermons, articles, manuscripts, and other written material produced by the Senior Pastor.
- Maintain personal websites for the Senior Pastor including content updates, e-mail processing, Blog posting, and other activities as directed.
- Manage the Senior Pastor’s calendar functioning as the primary contact person for meetings and other schedule commitments.
- Manage all forms of correspondence including voicemail, e-mail, and regular mail.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate speaking engagement logistics.
- Develop an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget for the Senior Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as an executive/administrative assistant in a church or business environment. Some amount of team leadership experience is also a plus. Possession of an AA/BA Degree in Business or related field is preferred. The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, database, web configuration/maintenance, and other related applications.