The Assistant to the Executive Pastor is responsible for supporting the Executive Pastor in the performance of all duties including ministry staff leadership, church operations, facilities management, management system administration, information technology, strategic planning, human resources, and missions. In addition, the Assistant to the Executive Pastor is responsible for management of the Executive Pastor’s calendar, handling of all correspondence (voicemail, e-mail, regular mail, etc.), contact management, maintenance of website(s), and coordination of travel. The Assistant to the Executive Pastor is the primary contact person for the Executive Pastor in the accomplishment of his/her duties and responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Administratively support regularly scheduled Senior Staff meetings ensuring agendas are produced and distributed, meeting minutes are kept, and documented action items are tracked and completed.
- Facilitate the completion of annual staff performance appraisals and maintain personnel files as well as other pertinent records related to staff.
- Coordinate activities of all operations ministry team leaders, ensuring smooth and seamless weekend service and mid-week operations.
- Oversee monthly volunteer scheduling activities and ensure volunteer schedules are distributed (e-mail, website posting, regular mail, etc.) and weekly reminder phone calls are made.
- Work with facilities team leadership to ensure facilities maintenance, needed repairs, and regular cleaning is happening as directed by the Executive Pastor.
- Function as “administrator/document control specialist” for continued development and utilization of the Management System as a the primary vehicle for infrastructure development.
- Create and administer an information technology “help desk” ensuring timely response to church staff and volunteer web support, network management, and PC support requirements.
- Assist the Executive Pastor in leading the annual strategic planning process including revision and distribution of documented strategic plans as well as coordinating the completion and periodic updating of staff personal plans and Key Performance Measures (KPMs).
- Function as human resources coordinator including the creation, distribution, and update of human resources policies/procedures, annual adjustments to compensation programs, administration of the staff recruiting and assimilation processes, and coordination of periodic staff team building and recognition activities/events.
- Support the Executive Pastor in the performance of church planting and other missions’ related duties.
- Maintain personal websites for the Executive Pastor including content updates, e-mail processing, Blog posting, and other activities as directed.
- Manage the Executive Pastor’s calendar functioning as the primary contact person for meetings and other schedule commitments.
- Manage all forms of correspondence including voicemail, e-mail, and regular mail.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate conference participation as well as speaking and consulting engagement logistics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as an administrator in support of executive management in a church or business environment. A significant amount of project/task leadership experience is also a plus. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is required. (Extensive experience in executive management support and assistance, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, contact management, database, web configuration/maintenance, project management, and other related applications.