The Middle School Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle school students (grades 6 through 8). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the creation and operation of a middle school student ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for middle school students.
- Create and manage a middle school student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Cast vision for, teach, and program the church’s annual camp for middle school students including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements in the inspiration of middle school students in learning about God.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for middle school student ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.